Monday, May 16, 2011

What's the Point?

So, what is the point of this blog? Some days when you read it, it may appear that the point is just to bitch about my life. I'm not above doing that occassionally, but that's not really the point.

The point is that I know  I'm not the only one to feel this way. Even if you don't agree with half of what I say, I'm sure that you will find yourself in my words at one time or another. It's the fact of sharing your life with someone else. There are days you can't wait to spend time with that person. Then there are days you can't wait for them to leave. Unfortunately, I probably get more of the latter.

The point is, it may be unacceptable to admit how we feel to others, and most especially to our significant other, but it is not an uncommon human experience to think, "why on earth did I marry you? Did we ever have anything in common?"

Maybe it's time that changes things. We all change and adapt to our life experiences. Some of us grow with challenge, while other shrink. Maybe it's children- when your priority becomes sustaining a small life, you focus on the person who needs you for everything, rather than the other adult in the household.

No comments:

Post a Comment